Fancy a Rustic Country Wedding in Somerset? Here are some of our favourite ideas for a DIY country-inspired celebration…
1. Use a milk churn for a stunning floral display
2. Stencil your own rustic country wedding signs
3. Use an old sash window for your table plan
4. Give an old ladder a new lease of life with some paint and use it as a display stand
5. Galvanised watering cans make great flower vases
6. Decorate mis-matched jars and bottles
7. Use potted lavender (or any other living plant) for a low-cost table centre piece – simply wrap your pots in some fabric or hessian and tie with ribbon. As an added bonus, it’ll make your venue smell sweet!
8. Have a ‘naked’ wedding cake, or a cheese tower instead of a traditional wedding cake
9. Use strips of hessian for table runners on rustic wooden tables
10. Log slices make the perfect table centre piece for flowers, tables numbers or favours. They also make a great alternative to a traditional guest book
11. Use straw or hay bales as seating for an authentic rustic country wedding
12. Choose flowers that are in season locally for your bridal party’s bouquets
At the Barn at Cott Farm, we are here to help. Many of the ideas listed above are included in our wedding venue packages or can be easily sourced through our local suppliers. Please contact us if you would like help in planning your special day.