Something old. Something new. Something borrowed. Something blue.
You can pick and choose from our range of rustic, vintage, boho and natural-themed accessories if you’d like to use them to decorate the venue and/or your tables, or you can bring your own.
If you’ve booked a full weekend wedding at Cott Farm, these are available for you to use for your decorating the day before at no additional cost (if you’ve booked another venue hire option, please contact us for details & pricing). We also offer a full venue and tabling styling service if you’d prefer us to decorate for you – please contact us for details.
Wedding Venue Decorations
The Barn at Cott Farm is neutrally decorated with white, painted walls. It is flooded with natural light during the daytime from its windows throughout, its tri-folding glass entrance and a glass door at the far end. There are wooden beams spanning the width of The Barn, and each beam is fitted with fairy lights. You are welcome to use the beams to hang additional decorations. There are dimmable, warm-white paper lanterns throughout. There is also hessian and lace bunting spanning the length of the barn.
Fixed Indoor Decorations
In the middle of the right hand wall of the barn is a lace curtain with waterfall fairy lights behind and a foliage garland/swag in front. We suggest the top table goes here, though how you’d like your tables arranged is up to you.
Suspended from the central ridge beam in the centre of the barn is a hanging foliage ‘chandelier’.
Much more than just a blank canvas, the barn is a great background for you to add your personal finishing touches!
The wedding venue is set in a stunning countryside location, and seasonal flowers and foliage offer outside colour all year round. Outside of The Barn is a large flowerbed, whilst potted plants add decoration at the front of The Barn and the pergola. Floral displays vary depending on the time of year – we recommend you visit The Barn at a similar time to your wedding date to see our blooms!
Wedding Venue Styling Props & Accessories
In addition to the permanent decorations, we have a range of wedding styling props and accessories for you. These currently include the following, though our collection is always growing!
- A large free-standing easel. This comes with a printed wooden welcome sign designed for your ceremony.
- Approx. 30 tea light holders in gold, silver & clear glass.
- 10 copper and wood candle holders, which each hold a stick dinner candle, plus a three arm copper-coloured candelabra.
- 12 brown bottles (500ml) containing dried grasses.
- 2 large jugs with dried flower arrangements of pampas grass, eucalyptus and feathers.
- Various artificial potted plants in a selection of pots.
- 12 artificial mini-succulents in white pots.
- 2 copper coloured lanterns, plus a large matt copper lantern with 3 fixed LED candles.
- 3 silver coloured lanterns.
- A lace canopy for the cake table, crowned with eucalyptus, to display your beautiful wedding cake.
- Approx. 15 mix and match jam jar vases decorated with hessian and lace.
- Various small glass tealight holders (at least 30).
- 10 log slices for table centrepieces.
- Cake table, optional lace canopy.
- Cake stands: large log slice, three-tier silver or a vintage-style crate cake stand. A silver-plated cake knife is included.
- A choice of table plans:
- A wooden painted sash window table plan – floor standing, with six panes of glass, fitting up to 16 A5 sheets.
- A pallet table plan, with hooks for 12 luggage tags and mini test-tubes for a sprig of flowers in each (note this needs to lean against something – a wall, milk churns, or outside against a door works well).
- A vintage ladder, painted white.
- 3 x milk churns. Two are silver, with removable lids. One is ‘vintage rust’ coloured (i.e. it’s old!) without a lid. All three contain life-like artificial ferns; these can be removed if you’d like your florist to create floral arrangements.
- 5 x galvanised watering cans.
- Christmas tree, decorated in bronzes, coppers and greens (December only).
Professional Wedding Venue Stylists
Please contact us if you would prefer your tables and venue to be professionally styled for you.
Wedding Venue Styling Ideas
For more inspiration on wedding venue styling, please have a look at our wedding theme ideas.